Surrounded by sloping hills, this is the ideal haven if you’re looking for a quiet getaway amid beautiful landscapes. Tesselaarsdal is easily accessible, near Caledon and the N2 national road. Although a relatively undiscovered visitor destination, it is certainly attractive for outdoor enthusiasts.
Tesselaarsdal is one of those little towns that’s close to everything: Just 38km from Stanford and 45km from Hermanus, with excellent scenery and a series of agricultural small holdings, this small town is probably the best-kept secret for miles around.
The incredible vistas of fynbos, rolling hills, great country environment and amazing views have ensured those who know of this location come in their droves and take advantage of the cheap pricing in the area.
THINGS TO DO:
- Experience the prolific birdlife.
- Hike the area to discover fynbos, breathe fresh country air and have a picnic.
- Explore the countryside on the back of an endurance horse.
- Mountain bike enthusiasts can enjoy the Tesselaarsdal Mountain Bike Trail.
- Purchase a bag of locally grown pomegranates to take home.